Sunday, March 27, 2011

Babylonstoren, South Africa






My friend David sent me this link of inspiration asking me if I wanted to re-design our Encil House website (I am forever gratelful for him designing our current site). I am totally side tracked trying to think of ways that I can make it to Cape Town, Cape Point South Africa. Babylonstoren is one of the best preserved werfs (farm yards) in the Cape Dutch tradition. Not only the manor house from 1777, but pioneer structures all the way back to the founding of the farm in 1690! It's all of my favourite things rolled into one. Lots of land, a working farm, spa, pool with a view, the most amazing garden (OMGoodness!), winery, divine food, sweet accommodations all packaged up into an agri-tourism business no one can resist. Pour yourself a glass of wine for exploring this place. You will need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment